Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Trainer Tip Tuesday! -BOSU BALL-

For my work out today I did a HIIT work out on the treadmill and then worked out my arms. Instead of just standing on the floor during my workout I stood on the dome side of a  BOSU balance trainer (more commonly refereed to as the BOSU ball. By standing on a BOSU ball during an arm work out, you are challenging your stability and engaging your core while you are building your arm strength. BOSU balls are frequently used in balance training and adds multiple benefits to your workout.


For my arm work out I did them in supersets. A superset is cutting the rest time down while keeping your heart rate up at the same time. You are alternating a pairing moves that work opposing muscle groups. By doing this you are boosting your metabolism, not only because you a resting less but because it takes longer for your muscles to repair themselves once the workout is complete.

Here is the exercises I completed while balancing on the dome side of the BOSU ball:

Arm curls with the a barbell
Tricep kickbacks
3 sets of 12

1 minute rest

Lateral raises with dumbbells
Alternating dumbbell press
3 sets of 12

1 minute rest

Alternating dumbbell curls
Bent over row
3 sets of 12

1 minute rest

Side lateral raises
Tricep Extensions
3 sets of 12

Exercises are complete.



So, my Trainer Tip for this beautiful Tuesday would be if you are looking to boost your metabolism and burn more calories during your arm work out then step on either side on a BOSU ball and you will definitely be feeling the burn!

Interested in getting your own BOSU Balance Trainer? Click here

Love,
LeeAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment